Types of Searches
- LLC1.This form is a statutory document and as such only reveals any planning on the Land Charges register.
- Con 29. This form contains a list of questions that have been compiled by the Law Society, the association of District Councils, the Association of Local Land Charges Officers and various other agencies in consultation. The replies provide information which is useful when buying a property. The form is split into three parts. Part I deals with things like the Local Plan: Maintenance of Roads; Road Schemes; Outstanding Notices; Entries in the Planning Register; Enforcement Action and Contaminated Land. There is a fee levied for these replies by Milton Keynes Council. Part II consists of Optional Enquiries and needs to be submitted along with your standard search enquiry form. There is an additional fee payable for each additional enquiry. Part III is for you to add questions of your own and there is a charge for this.
- Personal. A personal search is carried out in person or by a personal search company. The only access is to planning information and highways. A personal search allows you to have a search of the Land Charges Register. Not all personal searches are accepted by all mortgage lenders therefore you would need to check with your lender.
- Appointment Information Note. There is an appointment system operated by the Council to balance the demands on its resources in respect of good administration, coupled to a fair and objective process to accommodate all enquiries from individuals and personal search agencies alike. The number of appointments per person per day is limited to one, but up to four searches may be performed at any one appointment. Appointments can be made by telephoning 01908 252317 and are available on Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays from 10.00 'til 11.30am and 2.30 'til 4.00pm at half hourly intervals, bookable by 4.00pm on the previous day and on a 'first come, first served' basis. Contact Us...
- Application for a Common Registration. The Commons Registration Act 1965 provides details of:
- Land in England or Wales that is common land or a town or village.
- Rights of common over such land.
- Persons claiming to be or found to be owners of such land or becoming the owners thereof by virtue of the Act
- NLIS is the National Land Information Services.
It is an online search service designed and operated as a partnership between Government and private enterprise where search information can be received and sent out electronically not only to local authorities but also to other bodies where search information is obtained. There are three levels of NLIS and Milton Keynes are at level 2 which means that we can send and receive searches electronically but the work has to be done manually. We are working towards gaining level 3. Further information can be obtained from the NLIS website at www.nlis.org.uk
Cancellation of a Search
See details of our current fees
We will cancel your search at no charge but only if we receive instructions by midday on the day we receive your search. After this, information is entered onto the computer and work will have already started. Contact Us...
We offer to expedite your search as long as it is a "standard search" within 2 working days. A copy will be faxed to you with a hard copy following by your usual posting method.
Return to Land Charges
What search doesn't do? - search area around property.
Application forms for Land Charges are only available from Solicitors and Law Stationers.