Who Can We Help with Housing?
This will help you decide whether or not Milton Keynes Council is likely to offer you housing in one of its own properties, properties owned by Housing Associations or private landlords.
Milton Keynes Council does not operate a points based waiting list.
We can only provide homes for people with a high housing need, who have a local connection with Milton Keynes and who are eligible on immigration and behaviour grounds.
You will have a high housing need if we assess that you fall into two or more of the grounds below although you cannot have grounds A & B at time same time
- A. You are homeless or facing homelessness soon
- B. You are a homeless households owed a duty under Housing Act 1996 Part VII
- C. You live in unsanitary or overcrowded housing (you must have a need for at least two more bedrooms)
- D. You need to move because you have a medical condition and where you live makes this worse or you have a disability that makes your current accommodation unsuitable
- E. You who need to move to a particular locality within Milton Keynes to avoid hardship to yourself or others
- F. People with an urgent housing need such as those fleeing domestic violence or harassment or those with urgent medical needs
If you do not fall into two or more of these categories we will only be able to provide you with advice about how you can secure a property in other housing sectors (e.g. private landlord, shared ownership).
Local Connection Means:
The Housing Options Team is based at:
- You have lived in Milton Keynes for the last three years
- You have previously lived in Milton Keynes for ten years in a row
- You have worked in Milton Keynes for the past three years in a row
- You are a member of HM Forces
- You have retired and are living in unsuitable accommodation and with a need to move to Milton Keynes for medical reasons and support from relatives.
- You are not a person subject to immigration control or you are an EU national exercising treaty rights
- You have not engaged in behaviour whereby the Council would consider you to be unsuitable to be a tenant
1 Saxon Gate East
Central Milton Keynes
Telephone: 01908 253481