Local and National Contacts
Carers Milton Keynes provide:
• Information and advice
• Help to secure the services you need
• Emotional support and a listening ear
• Advice on how to protect your physical and emotional wellbeing
• Training to help you in your caring role
• Links to other Carers through support groups and social events
• Relaxation therapies and yoga
Support from the Health Service
Your doctor or health professional can give you general information about the illness or disability affecting the person you are looking after, and how it might develop. They can only give you specific information about the person you care for if that person agrees that you should have it.
He or she can also put you in touch with other medical specialists and organisations that can give you information and support.
Your doctor can also register you as a carer in their records. This may help co-ordinate services for you and the person you care for and can help you access local support services.
Care Quality Commision