View, object and comment on planning applications
Before you make a comment we recommend that you read:
- What Issues Can a Case Officer Consider?
- Comment, object or support planning applications FAQs
- Step-by-step instructions for using our Public Access planning register
View, object and comment on applications online
Our public access for planning system will allow you to search for, view, object to and comment on planning applications online. You will also be able to view decision notices, appeal documents and other document submitted as a part of an application.
All planning applications submitted to Milton Keynes Councils' Development Management Department after 11th November 2009 are available to view online.
It is important that you realise that plans, drawings and materials submitted to the Council are protected by the Copyrights Act (Section 47, 1988 Act). You may only use material which is downloaded and / or printed for consultation purposes, to compare current applications with previous schemes and to check whether developments have been completed in accordance with approved plans. Further copies must not be made without prior permission of the copyright owner. By clicking on the link to our planning system below, you agree to abide by this copyright notice before being able to view any documents.
Our Public Access service is constantly updated, this service allows you to:
- Find an application using a simple search e.g. keyword, reference number
- Complete an advanced search e.g. by date, type, parish etc, or with an address search. You can also search by map.
- Search the weekly list of applications received and decisions made
- View and monitor the progress of applications
- View documents and plans submitted with the application
- View consultation information in the documents section
- View and make public comments/representations and consultation responses on applications
- Search for appeals that have been lodged and any appeal decisions
- Register for e-mail alerts about applications you're interested in. You can do this by saving your search results and selecting to be notified when new applications are submitted within your search criteria or track individual applications and receive updates.
Applications Going to Development Control Committee/Panel
If the application you wish to view is going to a Development Control Committee (DCC) meeting then you may wish to read the report that will be presented in the committee agenda. This can be found using the following link:
Contacting your Ward Councillor
As a result of viewing an application you may wish to get in contact with your local Ward Member/Councillor to discuss the proposal. If you are unsure of whom they are or how to contact them please use the My Milton Keynes mapping system and enter your postcode.
What happens after the Council has made a decision
You can telephone (quoting the application reference number or address) or:
Only the applicant has a right of appeal so it is important that you voice any concerns before a decision is taken by the Council.
However, if you consider that the Council's decision was flawed, for example, because inadequate consideration was given to a relevant factor, you may make a complaint. If you are not satisfied with the response having exhausted the Council's internal procedures you may take your complaints to the Local Government Ombudsman.
If you were notified of the application or have submitted written comments we will let you know if the applicant appeals. We will let the Planning Inspectorate have copies of your letters.
Once work is under way you should let us know if you believe that it has not been carried out in accordance with the approved plans. We will check the situation and tell you what we are able to do.
If you wish to know more about the Local Planning Policies our Local Plan (containing all Local Planning Policies):