View and Comment on Planning Applications Online
By clicking on the link below (to access Public Access) you are agreeing to the terms and conditions as outlined below. Limitations of the system are also listed below
Please note: All comments/objections and representations will be available to view online. We take steps to ensure personal phone numbers, personal emails and signatures are not viewable. If you find any applicants or objector telephone numbers, email addresses or signatures which have not been removed then please let us know at or by phone on 01908 252358 and we will have that information removed as soon as we are able.
If you want to know more about the public access system please follow this link to our article: Public Access For Planning Explained.
Current limitations of this service
PublicAccess for Planning has the following limitations:
- Planning history records are currently made available back to 1997. In some instances there may be a record of earlier planning history but this information is at present only partial and incomplete and should not therefore be relied upon.
- All planning applications received after the 11th November 2009 are available on the internet. Unfortunately applications submitted before this date will only be partially available.
- The online records must not be used as a substitute for carrying out a Land Charge Search. Whilst every effort has been made to ensure that the information is accurate the Council takes no responsibility for any errors and omissions in the information obtained from PublicAccess for Planning.
- The information in PublicAccess for Planning does not constitute in any way a formal notification of a planning decision. Any actions taken as a result of information displayed on PublicAccess are undertaken entirely at the viewer's own risk.
What we provide with this service
PublicAccess for Planning is our constantly updated on-line service which allows you to view details of applications being considered by the Council. You can currently:
- Search for application details by a variety of criteria such as address, date and type
- View and monitor the progress of applications
- View documents and plans submitted with the application
- Make comments on applications and submit them to the Council
- View public comments/representations and consultation responses
- Search the weekly list of applications received and decisions made
- See if appeals have been lodged and any appeal decisions
- See some recent planning history
- Register for e-mail alerts about new applications received in your area or of a type you are interested in
- Register for e-mail alerts about the progress of an application you are interested in
The PublicAccess website is owned and operated by Milton Keynes Council. Set out below are the terms and conditions which, together with any legal notices displayed elsewhere on PublicAccess, represent all the terms and conditions on which we will provide you with access to the datasets compiled and maintained by Milton Keynes Council (the "Authority Datasets") associated with the use of the National Land and Property Gazetteer and the National Street Gazetteer. Your continued use of PublicAccess indicates your acceptance to be bound by these terms and conditions. If you do not agree to be bound by these terms and conditions, please cease using PublicAccess.
The terms and conditions for this licence agreement are as follows:
- The Authority datasets are associated with the use of the National Land and Property Gazetteer and the National Street Gazetteer. Information displayed throughout PublicAccess is extracted from a copyright work owned by the Local Government Information House Limited and Milton Keynes Council.
- A single screen print of the results of a search of the Authority datasets is permitted for your own use.
- You may not extract or re-utilise information derived from the Authority Datasets and/or any copies of such information (whether electronic or in hard copy format) for any commercial or business purpose including but not limited to, trading, building commercial databases, reselling or redistribution of such information.
- You are not permitted to modify, adapt, arrange, alter, adjust or make any additions to any information derived from the Authority Datasets, nor are you permitted to combine such information with other mapping, data or other information, including for the avoidance of doubt, other such information derived from PublicAccess.
- Save as permitted by paragraph 2 above, the reproduction, copying, downloading, storage, recording, broadcasting, retransmission, distribution, decompilation, reverse-engineering or disassembly of any part of PublicAccess is not permitted without our prior written consent.
- It is your responsibility to ensure that any information derived from the Authority Datasets is not made available, either in electronic unencrypted form or in hard copy format, to any third party that may attempt to use the map in contravention of these terms and conditions.
- You must inform us immediately if you become aware of a third party using information derived from the Authority Datasets in contravention of these terms and conditions or of any infringement of trade marks located on PublicAccess.
- We shall have no liability to any person or organisation in respect of any loss or damage arising directly or indirectly from the use of the information contained on PublicAccess.
- We take every reasonable effort to ensure that information contained on PublicAccess is as accurate as possible. However, the services featured on PublicAccess are provided "as is", and all warranties, conditions and other terms implied by statute or common law are, to the fullest extent permitted by law, excluded. We shall not be liable to you for any indirect or consequential loss (whether for loss of profit, loss of business, depletion of goodwill or otherwise), costs, expense or other claims for consequential compensation whatsoever (howsoever caused) which arise out of or in connection with your use of PublicAccess.
Milton Keynes Council seeks to comply with all statutory requirements including the Data Protection Act (1998) in all its transactions.
Milton Keynes Council seeks to ensure that the information it publishes on its web site is up to date and accurate. However, the information on the web site does not constitute legal or professional advice and the Council cannot accept any liability for any loss arising in any way whatsoever out of the use of its site. The Council cannot be held responsible for the data policies, procedures or contents of any pages references by an external link from its site.
Plans, drawings and material submitted to the Council are protected by the Copyright Acts (Section 47, 1988 Act). You may only use material which is downloaded and/or printed for consultation purposes, to compare current applications with previous schemes and to check whether developments have been completed in accordance with approved plans. Further copies must not be made without the prior permission of the copyright owner.
The Council will not be liable if it unknowingly displays any material submitted in breach of copyright and will remove any such material once brought to the Council’s attention.
By clicking on the link to view Public Access you agree that you have read and understood the above licence agreement and copyright notice. Please note that any comments made (including any personal details submitted e.g. phone number, etc) will be seen by Councillors, the applicant, and members of the public.
We would welcome your views on this service, how easy you find it to use, or how it might be developed in the future. If you have any comments to make, please e-mail .
PublicAccess for Planning is best viewed using Internet Explorer version 5.5 and upwards. Certain parts of the site may not function correctly in other browsers.