Free School Meals
Please be advised that pupils who already on our database as being entitled to FSMs, do NOT need to re-apply each year/over the summer break. The Admissions Team updates the transfer data on the our database early in September and so this will update pupil records in respect of the next school they attend.
We only require a new application form please in the following instances:
- Pupils who are new to a Milton Keynes School.
- Pupils who are starting school for the first time in September and will stay for lunch.
- Additional siblings who have not yet applied for FSMs.
- Pupils that are not currently receiving a FSM but think they may now be entitled, due for example to changed family circumstances i.e. new applicants.
You must be in receipt of one of the below benefits to be eligible for a Free School Meal for your child/children.
- Income Support
- Employment & Support Allowance – Income related
- Income Based Job Seekers Allowance (NOT Contribution Based JSA)
- Child Tax Credit only (with a combined family income of less than £16,190 per annum as assessed by HM Revenues & Customs) – as at April 2013. Please note, anyone receiving Working Tax Credit, regardless of income, will NOT qualify for FSMs.
- National Asylum Seekers Support (NASS)
- Guaranteed Element of Pension Tax Credit
We are now able to check your entitlement to FSMs using a secure government website, which links to your benefit providers.
Please find below the current application form as well as further information about FSMs which should answer most queries. You can also collect an application form from your school office.
Current FSM Application Form & FAQs
If you have already applied for a FSM you need NOT apply again (unless it is for a new child). If we require further information from you, we will contact you directly.
For further information on FSMs click on the below links:
Dfe FSM FAQs
Contact the FSM team