Housing Benefit

Due to the Easter Bank Holiday, Housing Benefit BACS payments will be in accounts on Tuesday 23rd April 2019 instead of Monday 22 April 2019.

If you are of working age, you may no longer be able to make a new claim for Housing Benefit.

Instead, you will need to claim Universal Credit (UC) from the Department for Work and Pensions for help with your housing costs.  

More information about Universal Credit, who can claim and how to claim can be found on the GOV.UK website 

Existing claimants will stay on Housing Benefit until they have a change that means they need to make a claim for Universal Credit.