Universal Credit

universal credit 2015

Over the next few years all working age people on a low income will gradually move from their current benefits to Universal Credit.

In Milton Keynes, only single unemployed jobseekers can currently make a new claim for Universal Credit. Apart from people who live in MK43 8, no other Milton Keynes residents will able to apply for Universal Credit until September 2018.

From 3 May 2017, anyone who needs to make  a new claim for benefit, lives in MK43 8, (Newton Blossomville) and has fewer than 3 children, will have to apply for Universal Credit instead of the benefits it replaces.