Copy Birth, Death and Marriage Certificates

We can only supply copy birth, death, marriage and civil partnership certificates for events that have been registered within the Milton Keynes registration district. If the birth, death, marriage or civil partnership occurred anywhere else then you need to contact the Register Office for that area - this includes any Declarations as these are not registered in Milton Keynes.
Please check where the event occurred before placing your certificate order.  We are only able to provide copy certificates for events which occured within the Milton Keynes registration district.  
If you were married in a church or place of worship in Milton Keynes, please contact them in the first instance to see if they still hold the register. 




PLEASE NOTE:  If you were married in a church or place of worship in Milton Keynes, then you must contact them in the first instance to see if they are still holding the register. Please do not order a certificate from us until you have done this as we are not able to refund fees where the register is still with the church or place of worship.  

The quickest and easiest way to obtain replacement copies of certificates held in the Milton Keynes Register Office is by ordering online using the link above.  Please have a credit or debit to hand as payment will be required at the end of the process.  If you are applying from an overseas address use your full postal address but note that the system will not accept an overseas telephone number or post code, therefore please use our telephone number (01908 372101) and post code (MK2 2BE) to progress your application.

Certificates are produced and posted first class the 5th working day after we receive your order (order before 3pm Monday and we post on Friday).

We also offer a priority and express service whereby the copy certificates will be posted the next working day or same working day (if ordered before 3pm on a working day). There is a fee for this service, which is in addition to the certificate fee.

Enquiries about adoption should be addressed to the General Register Office Adoption Section.  Certificates from the Adopted Children Register can be made on the General Register Office website or by telephoning the GRO on 0300 123 1837.

If you have very little or no detail regarding a registration aside from a name, then you can contact the General Register Office who can do a more in-depth search for all the districts in England and Wales.

Last Updated: 14 December 2018