Passport form certification (PD2)

If you are getting married or forming a civil partnership and wish to travel on your honeymoon in your married name, you can complete a PD2 form and send it, with your current passport, in order to apply for a new passport in your married name.  This can be done up to three months prior to the date of the marriage.  You don't have to do this, but some couples like to.  The passport will be post-dated to the date of the marriage and cannot be used for travel beforehand.  

The form needs to be signed by the minister conducting the ceremony or, for civil ceremonies, a superintendent registrar in the district in which the marriage is due to take place.  If your marriage is a civil ceremony and taking place within the Milton Keynes Registration District please bring your form to the Register Office and leave it at reception, with the relevant fee.  This is will signed and ready for you to collect the following day.     


COVID-19 Update

Please note that if you have completed a PD2 form and received your new passport in your new name but your ceremony has now been cancelled or postponed due to COVID-19 this will not be valid as it is not in your current name.

You must contact the Passport Office as they will require this back for destruction and you will be able to choose a free replacement passport in your current name or a free replacement in your new name, post-dated to the date of your rearranged ceremony.




Last Updated: 17 August 2020