Update: 21 December 2020
Marriage and civil partnership ceremonies – Unfortunately as Milton Keynes has been placed into Tier 4 marriage and civil partnership ceremonies are currently unable to go ahead. We will endeavour to update this information as soon as any further changes are announced.
Notices – Notice appointments are still able to go ahead. You can book your appointment using our online booking system or by calling 01908 372101.
Based on latest government guidance ceremonies are currently unable to go ahead. Please check back for further information as and when further announcements are made.
When ceremonies are able to proceed, the numbers permitted in the Flowers Suite will be subject to government guidelines in place at the time a ceremony takes place, so please check back on a regular basis for further information.
Once ceremonies are able to take place again, you will be seen together on arrival and will enter the Flowers Suite together. Sadly, no readings or additional elements will be permitted, such as music played or additional vows or promises.
There will be a Perspex screen between you and the registrar; the celebrant will be wearing a face shield.
When ceremonies are able to take place again, all Register Office ceremonies will be held in the waiting room to enable us to comply with government legislation on social distancing; only the couple and their two witnesses will be permitted into the building. No other guests are permitted at this time.
You will be seen together on arrival, there will be a Perspex screen between you and the registrar; the celebrant will be wearing a face shield.
Please be aware of the following important information which is applicable for ceremonies in both the Flowers Suite and the Register Office:
- Face coverings must be worn by everyone;
- Please do not bring children or babies to the ceremony;
- No parking bays will be provided at this time, however, paid for parking is available near to the building;
- Please arrive no more than 5-10 minutes ahead of your ceremony start time and wait at the main Registrar’s entrance in the marked area. If there are others waiting please maintain social distancing;
- A member of staff will check you have a ceremony booked and let you, your partner and guests in, please ensure you are all wearing face coverings. Please do not bring children with you or exceed the room capacity numbers;
- You will be asked to sanitise your hands on arrival and to maintain a two metre distance between you, your witnesses, guests and our team at all times;
- If either you or any of your guests feel unwell, or have been asked to self-isolate, please observe current public health guidelines and contact us to reschedule. You must not attend our offices;
- Any rings to be exchanged will only be handled by the couple;
- There will be no opportunity for professional photos to be taken in the building, but the garden may be used for a few photos if social distancing regulations can be followed. Please do not ask further guests to join you outside as larger gatherings and not permitted at this time;
- There are no toilet facilities, water or waiting areas on site;
- You will be required to obtain contact details for your witnesses and guests for NHS test and trace purposes.
We will endeavour to make your ceremony as dignified and special as we can given these challenging circumstances.
If you have any questions or concerns please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Our booking system is now open for new bookings and you are able to make your booking by either using our online booking system or by calling 01908 372101.
Please note that ceremonies cannot be booked to take place within three months from the date the booking is made in order to ensure that all of the legal preliminaries (Notices) have been completed.
Last Updated: 13 January 2021