Update: 2 November 2020
Marriage and civil partnership ceremonies – following the government announcement on 31 October no marriage and civil partnership ceremonies will be able to take place between 5 November and 2 December. We will be in touch with couples affected by this announcement and will reschedule as soon as we are able to recommence ceremonies.
Notices – Notice appointments are still able to go ahead. You can book your appointment using our online booking system or by calling 01908 372101.
Under current government restrictions ceremonies are unable to proceed at present. Once we are able to recommence ceremonies these we will need to adhere to any restrictions imposed by central government.
Based on latest government guidance, once ceremonies are due to recommence the Flowers suite will be able to accommodate the couple and up to 10 guests only.
You will be seen together on arrival and will enter the Flowers Suite together. Sadly no readings or additional elements will be permitted, such as music played or additional vows or promises.
There will be a Perspex screen between you and the registrar; the celebrant will be wearing a face shield.
When ceremonies are able to recommence all Register Office ceremonies will be held in the waiting room to enable us to comply with government legislation on social distancing; only the couple and their two witnesses will be permitted into the building. No other guests are permitted at this time.
You will be seen together on arrival, there will be a Perspex screen between you and the registrar; the celebrant will be wearing a face shield.
Please be aware of the following important information which is applicable for ceremonies in both the Flowers Suite and the Register Office:
- Face coverings must be worn by everyone;
- Please do not bring children or babies to the ceremony;
- No parking bays will be provided at this time, however, paid for parking is available near to the building;
- Please arrive no more than 5-10 minutes ahead of your ceremony start time and wait at the main Registrar’s entrance in the marked area. If there are others waiting please maintain social distancing;
- A member of staff will check you have a ceremony booked and let you, your partner and guests in, please ensure you are all wearing face coverings. Please do not bring children with you or exceed the room capacity numbers;
- You will be asked to sanitise your hands on arrival and to maintain a two metre distance between you, your witnesses, guests and our team at all times;
- If either you or any of your guests feel unwell, or have been asked to self-isolate, please observe current public health guidelines and contact us to reschedule. You must not attend our offices;
- Any rings to be exchanged will only be handled by the couple;
- There will be no opportunity for professional photos to be taken in the building, but the garden may be used for a few photos if social distancing regulations can be followed (ie no more than two households or six people). Please do not ask further guests to join you outside as larger gatherings and not permitted at this time;
- There are no toilet facilities, water or waiting areas on site;
- You will be required to obtain contact details for your witnesses and guests for NHS test and trace purposes.
We will endeavour to make your ceremony as dignified and special as we can given these challenging circumstances.
If you have any questions or concerns please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Our booking system is now open for new bookings and you are able to make your booking by either using our online booking system or by calling 01908 372101.
Please note that ceremonies cannot be booked to take place within three months from the date the booking is made in order to ensure that all of the legal preliminaries (Notices) have been completed.
Also, ceremonies in the Flowers Suite will not be able to take place until at least January 2021 unless already confirmed.
Last Updated: 2 November 2020