We have been given authorisation to re-open parts of the building and are delighted to be able to recommence some limited ceremonies.
However, the safety of our couples, their witnesses and our team remains paramount during the ongoing Covid19 pandemic and to ensure we do everything possible to limit contacts and interaction that could cause the spread of the virus; and to ensure our building can be Covid19 Secure we have had to implement some changes to help keep us all safe.
Under current government restrictions on social distancing the Flowers Suite can only accommodate the couple, their two witnesses and up to two guests. No other guests are permitted at this time.
You will be seen together on arrival and will enter the Flowers Suite together. Sadly no readings or additional elements will be permitted, such as music played or additional vows or promises.
The ceremony will take place in the Flowers Suite with our office pods in situ; there will be a Perspex screen between you and the registrar; the celebrant will be wearing a face shield.
Under current government restrictions on social distancing all Register Office ceremonies will be held in the waiting room; only the couple and their two witnesses will be permitted into the building. No other guests are permitted at this time.
You will be seen together on arrival, there will be a Perspex screen between you and the registrar; the celebrant will be wearing a face shield.
Please be aware of the following important information which is applicable for ceremonies in both the Flowers Suite and the Register Office:
- Face coverings must be worn by everyone;
- Please do not bring children or babies to the ceremony;
- No parking bays will be provided at this time, however, paid for parking is available near to the building;
- Please arrive no more than 5-10 minutes ahead of your ceremony start time and wait at the main Registrar’s entrance in the marked area. If there are others waiting please maintain social distancing;
- A member of staff will check you have a ceremony booked and let you, your partner and guests in, please ensure you are all wearing face coverings. Please do not bring children with you or exceed the room capacity numbers;
- You will be asked to sanitise your hands on arrival and to maintain a two metre distance between you, your witnesses, guests and our team at all times;
- If either you or any of your guests feel unwell, or have been asked to self-isolate, please observe current public health guidelines and contact us to reschedule. You must not attend our offices;
- Any rings to be exchanged will only be handled by the couple;
- There will be no opportunity for professional photos to be taken in the building, but the garden may be used for a few photos if social distancing regulations can be followed (ie no more than two households or six people). Please do not ask further guests to join you outside as larger gatherings and not permitted at this time;
- There are no toilet facilities, water or waiting areas on site;
- You will be required to maintain contact details for your witnesses and guests for NHS test and trace purposes.
We will endeavour to make your ceremony as dignified and special as we can given these challenging circumstances.
If you have any questions or concerns please email us at email@example.com
We aim to re-open our booking system from 7 September 2020. Once the booking system has re-opened you will be able to book either by using our online booking system or by calling 01908 372101.
Please note that ceremonies cannot be booked to take place within three months from the date the booking is made in order to ensure that all of the legal preliminaries (Notices) have been completed.
Also, ceremonies in the Flowers Suite will not be able to take place until at least January 2021 unless already confirmed.
Last Updated: 12 August 2020