Participation in Society
We want our care leavers to be active members of society, and to have all the chances in life that other young adults have. We can help you participate in society in the following ways:
- Becoming a member of the Children in Care Council, Care Leaver Forum
- Providing information on groups and clubs you may wish to join.
- Informing you about relevant awards, schemes and competitions you can enter, in line with your talents and interests
- Encouraging and helping you to enrol on the Electoral Register, so you can vote in elections
- Informing you about voluntary work that we think you may be interested in
- Informing and possibly helping with the cost of leisure activities
- Giving you advice and helping you to challenge any discrimination you face as a care leaver.
Our Participation Team Leader is Richard Lee click on his name to contact him.
Last Updated: 16 September 2020