The council is part of the Milton Keynes Together Safeguarding Partnership, which is the key statutory mechanism for ensuring organisations in Milton Keynes work together to safeguard and promote the welfare of children.
MK Together is responsible for monitoring the effectiveness of partnership work across these organisations and it monitors how local services and professionals cooperate in safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people across Milton Keynes.
The partnership arrangements are underpinned by the following principles:
- Improves outcomes for residents – our partnership working should have a direct impact on the lives of the people living in Milton Keynes
- Maximises value for the Milton Keynes pound – streamlined partnerships which minimise duplication and help partners work together efficiently
- Flexible and agile – partnerships which adapt as needed in order to keep up with the ever-changing world
- Facilitates system wide working – a space for open and honest conversations, further enhancing relationships across the system.
- Safeguarding as a golden thread – it is front and central in everything we do.
Other useful information about safeguarding:
Last Updated: 10 September 2020