Children and Family Social Worker Careers Page
When you practice in Milton Keynes, you join a local authority with an innovative approach to social work and strong family support ethos, committed to supporting children, young people and their families who are facing challenges, and working with them to develop long lasting solutions so children can remain safely with their families.
Please scroll down the page to view our Children and Family Careers page which includes some inspiring interviews from our Children and Family Social Worker Team!
But please remember to click on the Register your interest button below and a member of our team will be in contact to discuss more about the great opportunities currently available.
- Consideration will be given to applicants for job share (shared caseload) or part time working.
- As a Children’s Social Worker you will be expected to hold a full UK driving licence.
For all roles listed on this page, please register your interest by clicking on the register now button.
Vacancies are available at the following levels:
- Social Worker L2 – £29,636 - £33,799 + 4K market supplement dependant on post.
- Social Worker L3 – £34,788 - £38,813 + 4K market supplement dependant on post.
- Senior Practitioner – £39,782 - £43,662 + 4K market supplement dependant on post
There are some fantastic benefits when you work for us:
- Protected caseloads and independent clinical supervision.
- Up to £8K relocation package (subject to qualifying criteria).
- MK Advantage benefits package – a range of savings including retail, travel and leisure discounts as well as a suite of salary sacrifice benefits.
- Local Government CARE pension scheme, considered to be one of the best and with an employer contribution rate of 19.7%
- A generous minimum holiday entitlement of 27 days per year in addition to statutory and public holidays, rising to 31 days after 5 years.
- A full range of family friendly policies including enhanced Maternity, Adoption and Paternity entitlements.
- Career progression and relevant training and development opportunities including our excellent in house management development programmes.
- Agile and remote working options either mobile (iPad provided) or from home making the most of technology to work in a more efficient way.
- 89% of the Children and Family team at Milton Keynes staff are permanent Social Workers
Dont forget to click on the button below!
Last Updated: 11 January 2021