Worried about a child?

If you believe that a child may be suffering, or may be at risk of suffering significant harm, then you should always talk to Children's Services

Do you think a child or young person you know might be suffering from any of the following?

  • Physical abuse – being hit, kicked or punched
  • Physical neglect – not being properly fed or clothed or suffering from poor hygiene
  • Sexual abuse – exposed to inappropriate sexual behaviour, language or assault
  • Emotional abuse – constantly criticised, ignored, humiliated or being exposed to domestic violence

What should you do to help?

  • Act promptly
  • Contact us on 01908 253169/253170 or the Emergency Social Work Team out of office hours on 01908 265545. Alternatively, you can email  children@milton-keynes.gov.uk
  • Make a note of your concerns nd give as much information as you can about the child or family
  • If you are a professional, please complete the online Multi-Agency Referral Form on the Multi Agency Safeguarding Hub (MASH) page.

Please don't:

  • ignore your concerns
  • assume someone else will call
  • try to resolve the situation yourself

You can also speak to a health visitor, doctor or teacher and ask for their advice and support.

If you are worried about an adult, please see "Worried about an adult at risk?"

Last Updated: 17 June 2020