The Milton Keynes Strengthening Families Outcome Plan (PDF, 272KB) outlines the eligibilty criteria for the programme. When making a referral, families will need to meet at least two of the six national headline criteria (below) to be eligible for the programme:
- Parents and children involved in crime or anti-social behaviour
- Children who have not been attending school regularly
- Children who need help
- Adults out of work or at risk of financial exclusion and young people at risk of ‘worklessness’
- Families affected by domestic violence and abuse
- Parents and children with a range of health problems
We only accept referrals from professionals who work with children, for example: Social Workers, Schools, CAMHS, Youth Offending Team, Health Visitors, Children and Family Centres. It is not possible for families to self-refer.
The expanded Programme focuses on transformational change at local level to encourage all agencies to deliver a ‘whole family approach’ and The Department for Communities and Local Government have emphasised that the focus should still be on families who cost the most.