CLA Designated Teacher Forums
The Virtual School organises forums once a term to network, share good practice and share updated information on matters relating to CLA.
The way we are undertaking CLA Designated Teacher Forums has changed. Meetings will now be phase based.
The Primary School CLA Designated Teacher Forum:
Date: Wednesday 27 February 2019
Time: 16:00 – 17:30
Location: Stanton School, Fairfax, Bradville, Milton Keynes MK13 7BE.
We look forward to seeing you at the meeting; if you are unable to attend please feel free to send a representative.
Please confirm your attendance by replying to: email@example.com
Next date to be arranged
Date to be arranged. Information to follow.
Personal Education Plans Statutory Requirements
‘The Personal Education Plan (PEP) is a record of what needs to happen for looked after children to enable them to fulfil their potential. It should reflect the importance of a personalised approach to learning which secures good basic skills, stretches aspirations and builds life chances, incorporating any existing plans'.
Milton Keynes Council as a corporate parent, is committed to completing high quality Personal Education Plans for every young person in care.
For PEP paperwork please see Virtual School guidance and documents
Hints and tips for CLA Designated Teachers
- The designated teacher’s over-arching objective is to see that steps are taken to improve the educational progress and attainment of looked after children within the school
- In acting upon this objective, the designated teacher’s role can be broken down into a number of subsidiary aims. Including developing and implementing the looked after child’s Personal Educational Plan and being aware of his or her wellbeing more generally
- In order to see that the child received the best possible support in his or her education, the designated teacher must coordinate effectively with members of staff, carers and professionals outside the school
- Please feel free to contact The Virtual School Team to discuss any issues relating to the education of a child in the Care of Milton Keynes Council
- To ensure the virtual school receives progress information each term when requested.
- To monitor use of PPG and to request extra funding for specific interventions where necessary.
Project Resources the Virtual School Commissions
Nimbl - an online curriculum resource Year 5 upwards
TLC live - On line tutoring
Last Updated: 15 March 2019