Worried about a child?
Do you think a child or young person you know might be suffering from any of the following?
- Physical abuse – being hit, kicked or punched
- Physical neglect – not being properly fed or clothed or suffering from poor hygiene
- Sexual abuse – exposed to inappropriate sexual behaviour, language or assault
- Emotional abuse – constantly criticised, ignored, humiliated or being exposed to domestic violence
What should you do to help?
- Act promptly
- Make a note of your concerns and act promptly by contacting us on 01908 253169/253170 or the Emergency Social Work Team out of office hours on 01908 265545. Alternatively, you can email the Children team.
- Give as much information as you can about the child or family
- ignore your concerns
- assume someone else will call
- try to resolve the situation yourself
You can also speak to a health visitor, doctor or teacher and ask for their advice and support.
Safeguarding is everybody's business.
Worried about an adult at risk? Email us or call 01908 253772.
Last Updated: 20 July 2018