Eaton Avenue - Proposed 20mph speed limits, traffic calming measures and waiting restrictions consultation
Milton Keynes Council is proposing to introduce the following restrictions and traffic calming features in Eaton Avenue, Bletchley:-
- 20mph speed limit along its entire length;
- A series of speed cushions on both sides of the road (Six sets);
- No waiting at any time restrictions (double yellow lines) along both sides of Eaton Avenue outside numbers 63 to 69 (north side) and 74 to 78 (south side). The proposed restrictions will facilitate a safe crossing area for the footway link to Knowles Infant and Primary Schools. The double yellow lines will extend for a distance of 27.5 metres along both sides of the carriageway.
The proposed restrictions come as a result of a number of reports concerned about speeding vehicles on Eaton Avenue, Lennox Road and Leon Avenue and about vehicles on the footway near Knowles Infant and Primary school on Eaton Avenue.
The proposed waiting restrictions will help to alleviate obstruction at the crossing area and encourage a safer environment for pedestrians and cyclists.
In order for Milton Keynes Council to introduce the above proposed waiting restrictions, it must first make two traffic regulation Orders.
A traffic regulation Order is a legal document which allows the Highways Authority to restrict the highway which is enforceable by law.
Milton Keynes Council is now carrying out statutory consultation on the proposed traffic regulation Order and therefore invites you to formally comment on the proposals.
You can view the proposed Order, notice of proposal and statement of reasons on the left hand column of this webpage under the heading ‘documents’.
Any objections to the proposal, together with the grounds on which they are made can be sent by clicking on the above email address. Alternatively you can send your objection by post to the Network TRO Manager at Synergy Park, Chesney Wold, Bleak Hall, Milton Keynes, MK6 1LY. Please quote reference TRO-288.
The closing date for this consultation is 20 February 2020.
Please submit your comments before the closing date otherwise your comments may not be considered.
Milton Keynes Council will be hosting two drop in sessions.
Please come along to find out more about the proposals, ask our officers questions and give feedback. Both sessions will be in Bletchley Library on Westfield Road, Bletchley, Milton Keynes MK2 2RA. The drop in sessions will be help on the following days:-
- Wednesday 5 February 2020 from 4:30pm-7:30pm
- Saturday 15 February 2020 from 10:00am-2:00pm