Newport Road, Broughton - Proposed 20mph speed limit and ‘no stopping’ restrictions
MK Council is proposing to make the following traffic regulation Orders under Sections 1(1), 2(1), 2(2), 4(2), 84(1) and (2) of the Road Traffic Regulation Act 1984:-
- The Council Of The Borough Of Milton Keynes (Newport Road, Broughton) (20 Mph Speed Restriction) Order 2020
- The Council Of The Borough Of Milton Keynes (The Council Of The Borough Of Milton Keynes) (Various Roads Within Milton Keynes And Surrounding Areas) (Prohibition Of Stopping Outside Schools) Order 2008) Variation Order 2020
The effect of the above Orders will be as follows:
- To introduce a 20mph Speed Limit on Newport Road in Broughton between its junctions with Broughton Grounds Lane and Lavender Hill
- From a point 23 metres south-east of its junction with the centreline of Broughton Grounds Lane to a point 17 metres north-west of its junction with the centreline of Lavender Hill (a distance of 237 metres)
- To introduce two no stopping restrictions outside Broughton Manor Preparatory School
- From a point 65 metres south-east of its junction with the centreline of Broughton Grounds Lane, for a distance of 43.6 metres in a south-easterly direction
- From a point 87 metres north-west of its junction with the centreline of Lavender Hill, for a distance of 25.6 metres in a north-westerly direction
MK Council is also proposing to introduce additional traffic calming measures along this section of Newport Road through a separate consultation (Reference NOT-0??). The proposed traffic calming will support the 20mph speed limit.
The proposed 20mph speed limit and no stopping restriction will help improve safety outside Broughton Manor Preparatory School and enable a safer environment to be achieved throughout Newport Road.
You can view copies of the proposed Orders, the notice of proposal and the Statement of Reasons on the left hand column of this webpage under the heading ‘documents’.
Any objections to the proposals, together with the grounds on which they are made, must be made in writing and sent to the TRO Team at MK Council, Synergy Park, Chesney Wold, Bleak Hall, Milton Keynes, MK6 1LY, or by email to the TRO Team at TROteam@milton-keynes.gov.uk quoting reference TRO-290, and must be received no later than 19 March 2020.
Please submit your comments before the closing date otherwise your comments may not be considered.
To improve road safety at these locations and address issues with parking.