Statutory Consultation: No waiting at any time restrictions (Double Yellow Lines).
Milton Keynes Council is formally consulting on the following proposed Traffic Regulation Order:
The Council of the Borough of Milton Keynes (Various roads in Beanhill, Bletchley, Broughton, Kingston, Middleton, Willen and WInterhill) (Prohibition of Waiting) Order 2021
The effect of the Order will be to introduce ‘no waiting at any time’ restrictions along parts of the following roads in Beanhill, Bletchley, Broughton, Kingston, Middleton, Willen and Winterhill:
- Maslin Drive, Beanhill;
- Larch Grove, Stoke Road, Drayton Road, Manor Road, Mill Road, Phelps Road, Windermere Drive, Ennerdale Close and Southland Drive, Bletchley;
- Tanfield Lane, Broughton;
- Chippenham Drive, Mandeville Drive, Winchester Circle and Greyfriars Court, Kingston;
- Tyhurst, Middleton;
- Grampian Gate, Winterhill;
- Portland Drive, Willen.
The proposed no waiting restriction comes as a result of the concerns raised over inconsiderate parking which is causing an obstruction on the highway
As the Highway Authority, Milton Keynes Council considers it expedient to introduce the ‘no waiting at any time’ restrictions:
- to maintain a safe environment throughout the road, particularly to encourage and facilitate pedestrian and cyclist movements on this road;
- For avoiding danger to people or other traffic using the above roads, or any other road, or to prevent the likelihood of any such danger arising.
Copies of the notice of proposal, proposed Orders together with plans showing the general arrangements and a statement of reasons, are available for inspection on the left-hand side of this webpage under the heading “Documents”
Any objections to the above proposals, together with the grounds upon which they are made, must be made in writing and sent to the Council’s Traffic Regulation Order Team by email to TROteam@milton-keynes.gov.uk quoting reference TRO-307.
The closing date for this consultation is 8 April 2021.
Please submit your comments before the closing date otherwise your comments may not be considered.
To address road safety issues caused by inconsiderate parking