French Moving on to Advanced (Part Two)
Is this the right course for me?
You should have recently studied French for three to four years or be progressing from a Community Learning MK Intermediate course. You may well have previously attended French Advanced or Intermediate courses and now wish to work your way up to Advanced level after a break from formal study. Alternatively, you may have reached this level by other means, e.g. by spending a considerable length of time in France.
What will I learn?
You will learn to:
- understand spoken passages referring to present, past or future events
- give a prepared talk on a chosen topic, expressing and justifying opinions and presenting a clear argument
- take an active part in discussion, responding to the views of others and debating ideas
- understand longer written texts which incorporate present, past and future tenses
- write a text (e.g. a letter, leaflet) to describe people or places ,or give and seek information
How will I learn?
You will learn through:
- listening to French spoken by your tutor and on CD/ DVD
- reading articles to learn new phrases and vocabulary
- discussions and conversations in pairs and groups
Will I gain a qualification?
Yes, if you wish. You will have the opportunity to have your achievements recognised on the Languages Ladder by receiving the Certificate in French (Intermediate or Advanced). Please ask your tutor for more information about this scheme.
What can I do next?
You will be able to continue your studies next term with Community Learning.
What do I need to bring to the classes?
Please bring a ring binder, paper and pen. At the first session the tutor will advise you about any books you may need to buy. The cost is likely to be approx. £20 and you will need an up-to-date dictionary.
Can I talk to someone about my course before I start it?
If you would like more information about this course, please email Philip Allsop, Curriculum Manager for Languages.
If you are unsure about your current level or want to know more about what different classes will cover you can find more information on the Language Ladder.
Apply online here for this course.