Pet Pig Owners and Hobby Farmers

This Little Piggy...

Pet pig owners and hobby farmers also need to register with Defra.

Do you own a Kune Kune or a Vietnamese Pot Belly pig? If you do then you must be registered with Defra – even if you only have one as a pet!

You need to contact the Rural Payments Agency (RPA) on 0845 6037777 and ask them to register your premises with them. They will give you a CPH number. This is a County, Parish, Holding number and is unique to you.

Once you have received your CPH number you will need to get a herd mark from the Animal & Plant Health Agency South East Regional office on 01284 778150.

You are now fully registered and can legally move your animal if necessary.

If you have any queries or would like further information please contact our Animal Health Officers on (01908) 254840.

Last Updated: 3 September 2018