Health and Safety Executive incident reporting

Businesses are being reminded that fatal and major injuries, diseases and other incidents must be reported to the Health and Safety Executive (HSE) in compliance with RIDDOR - Reporting of Injuries, Diseases and Dangerous Occurrences Regulations 2013. Guidance is available on the HSE's website.

Companies that fall to the Milton Keynes Council for enforcement, such as offices, warehouses, sports clubs, residential homes and catering outlets, may contact us directly on 01908 252398 or 01908 252473 (out of hours 01908 226699)


The HSE's website is overwhelmingly the most popular option for accessing health and safety information providing information and guidance to employers and workers in a range of ways: through advice and guidance, direct work with organisations and trade associations, face-to-face at workshops and safety training days and via books and eBulletins. For more information visit the HSE website. Comprehensive advice is also available on the Government's website GOV.UK.

People will still be able to make complaints about health and safety in the workplace. For more information on how to do this visit

Last Updated: 30 November 2017