Children In Entertainment

The Children (Performances and Activities) (England) Regulations 2014 come into force on 6th February 2015.
The Council has a policy document that it uses to interpret and apply the legal requirements in respect of Children’s Work Permits; children’s performance licensing and chaperons. This can be found by clicking on the attached link children's policy 2017 (PDF, 1.3MB) 

Licenses for Children in entertainment 

The new legislation requires that all children, from babies until they cease to be of compulsory school age, be licensed by the Local Authority in which they live, to take part in a performance or other regulated activity including paid sport and modelling.

Click on the following link to Find out more about Childrens Entertainment Licenses

If you are a parent, and find yourself looking after other people's children while they perform, you will need to apply to be an approved Chaperone (or matron).

Last Updated: 20 February 2020