Table & Chairs on the Highway


Who should apply?

Any business who wish to place tables and chairs on the public highway in front of their premises must apply for a licence first. These licences are handled by the Council's Highways team.

Public highway is any part of Council-owned and maintained land which includes roads, redways and footways.

You can check who owns the land using the My MK Mapping tool on the homepage


Fees and charges

During the current Covid-19 pandemic we are waiving the fee for any business outside CMK. 

Businesses in CMK will also benefit from a highly discounted rate.

For more details about the licence process, fees and to apply, visit the Permits and Licences Section on the Highways & Transport Hub.


Last Updated: 9 April 2021