Environment Team Pollution Control
Use this form to report a pollution issue.
The Environment Team is part of Milton Keynes Council’s Regulatory Unit which deals with pollution control and other environmental issues such as sustainability, low carbon living and energy efficiency.
The pollution issues covered by the team include:
- Local Air Quality Management including monitoring and regular reports on local air quality
- Climate Change and Global Warming how pollution is changing our climate
- Contaminated Land including investigating potential pollution of land; enforcing Part IIA of the Environmental Protection Act 1990; advising developers on contaminated land aspects of planning applications
- Potential health impacts of the various technologies used for dealing with municipal solid waste, including Mechanical-Biological Treatment, Advanced Thermal Treatments, Mass-burn Incineration, etc.
- Ionising and Non-Ionising Radiation including electromagnetic emissions and radon
- Light Pollution - investigation of potential Statutory Nuisance caused by artificial lighting
- Low Carbon Living advice on reducing your carbon footprint and reducing your impact on the environment
- Specialist advice on the environmental impact of Planning Applications
- Private Water Supplies monitoring the quality of private supplies by collecting and analysing water samples
- Statutory Nuisances caused by air, water, light, and odour pollution
- Specialist advice on environmental issues in Emergency Planning
- Environmental Information Regulations replying to requests for such information, for example, in connection with property transactions.
If you require further information about any of the above please contact the Environment Team.
Telephone: 01908 252398
Fax: 01908 528159
Last Updated: 30 November 2017