Coronavirus (COVID 19) Incident Reporting

Have you received a scam phone call? Are you aware of a business that is operating and should not be? Have you have seen websites offering fake cures or have you received fake face marks? Please tell us about it.

Trading Standards and Coronavirus (COVID-19)

In order to reduce the spread of the Coronavirus (COVID-19) we would like to be informed of Milton Keynes traders who are:

Providing food and drink to customers to be consumed on their premises (either inside/out) including:

  • Restaurants, including restaurants and dining rooms in hotels or members clubs
  • Cafes, including workplace canteens
  • Bars, including bars in hotels or members’ clubs
  • Public houses
  • Takeaways or food businesses providing takeaway services that have provided outside seating for their customers.

Staying open

  • Cinemas
  • Theatres
  • Nightclubs
  • Bingo halls
  • Concert halls
  • Museums and galleries
  • Casinos
  • Betting shops
  • Spas
  • Massage parlours
  • Skating rinks
  • Indoor fitness studios, indoor playgrounds, gyms, swimming pools, bowling alleys, amusement arcades, soft play areas or other indoor leisure centres.
  • Funfairs
  • Tattoo Parlours
  • Car showrooms
  • Auction Houses
  • Outdoor gyms
  • Outdoor markets (except food stalls)
  • Nail, beauty, hair salons and barbers

In addition any retailer providing goods or services which are not listed below

  • Food retailers, including food markets, supermarkets, convenience stores and corner shops

  • Off licenses and licensed shops selling alcohol (including breweries).

  • Pharmacies (including non-dispensing pharmacies) and chemists.

  • Newsagents.

  • Homeware, building supplies and hardware stores.

  • Petrol stations.

  • Car repair and MOT services.

  • Bicycle shops.

  • Taxi or vehicle hire businesses.

  • Banks, building societies, credit unions, short term loan providers and cash points.

  • Post offices.

  • Funeral directors.

  • Laundrettes and dry cleaners.

  • Dental services, opticians, audiology services, chiropody, chiropractors, osteopaths and other medical or health services, including services relating to mental health.

  • Veterinary surgeons and pet shops.

  • Agricultural supplies shop.

  • Storage and distribution facilities, including delivery drop off or collection points, where the facilities are in the premises of a business included in this Part.

  • Car parks.

  • Public toilets.

  • Garden Centres (from 13th May)

  • Outdoor Sports Courts (from 13th May)

 (This list may be extended or change over time)

We would also like to hear about any business that 

  • appears to be making misleading claims in relation to Coronavirus, such as products or services which can cure COVID-19 
  • or falsely describing goods or services in relation to Coronavirus (COVID-19). for example, selling goods that are not what they say, for example, hand sanitiser that appears to be counterfeit or traders selling online COVID-19 testing kits.

Milton Keynes Trading Standards relies on information received from Milton Keynes residents, businesses and partner agencies to identify this rogue trading activity. We need to know who is engaging in such activity so that we can deal with it.

Price gouging or charging excessive amounts 

Overcharging for goods or services is something that the Competition and Markets Authority (CMA) is looking into. To report a trader who has overcharged for an item, please report this to the CMA on their webpage.

Report an incident

If you feel that you have been the victim of a scam related to COVID-19 and you need some assistance from a consumer advisor, please do not complete this form. You should instead contact the Citizens Advice Consumer Service on Freephone 0808 223 1133 or online. They will give advice and also pass the details you provide to Trading Standards.

If you do not need further advice but wish to report your concerns please complete our online form.  






Last Updated: 13 May 2020