Stop Loan Sharks Project
Stop and think:
• Have you, or anyone you know, been offered a cash loan?
• Have you been threatened when you couldn’t pay?
• Has your benefit card been taken from you?
• Does what you owe keep growing even though you are making payments?
• Did they not give you any paperwork?
If you have answered yes to any of these call 0300 555 2222 or visit the Stop Loan Sharks website.
Nationally the Stop Loan Sharks project has so far helped more than 28,000 people, written off more than £74.9 million of illegal debt and secured more than 60 years in prison sentences for illegal lending and other offences.
The specialist England Illegal Money Lending Team, will investigate and prosecute illegal money lenders and help vulnerable people access affordable credit and financial advice.
Last Updated: 16 April 2020