MK Mayor's Award
Celebrating Youth People’s involvement in Citizenship and Democracy
The Mayor's Award is your opportunity to show the work which encourages others to get involved and make a difference in the community.
We know that there's some amazing things going on and we would like to hear about it.
Call, text or Whatsapp 07984157122
Deadline for the competition is midday on the 27th April 2020
Welcome to the MK Mayor's Award!
Thank you for applying for the Mayor's Award. This is the first year that MK Council have run this opportunity for young people to be recognised for their work in supporting democracy and citizenship, in this way.
There are some rules to be aware of and to follow:
• Applications can be about any child or young person who lives in MK. Those applying should be within school age (primary from the age of 5 or secondary educational establishments up to the age of 18 or up to the age of 20 at a special school).
• Parents/carers are not able to enter their children.
• Applications must show how democracy or citizenship was relevant to the work. It could have been part of a bigger project/task/event/activity (e.g. a questionnaire that sparked the idea of a disco) or a talk and a vote on what should happen at the youth club.
• Those nominated could be a group or an individual.
• A good application will also show how the activity was delivered and what outcomes it had for the people involved. So please try to include all of the important elements.
• Nominators can put in more than one application for the period from 1st April 2019 to 30th March 2020.
• Applications will be judged against each other but the Mayor of Milton Keynes.
Time scales, Deadlines and Judging
31st March 2020 - Open nominations
27th April - Deadline for nominations
Late April - Judging by Mayor of Milton Keynes
Mid May Winner will be notified (via the nominee) and announced on social media. Trophies will be presented once it is safe to do so.
Please be aware that all applications will be shared with the Mayor of MK.
To enter applications must be:
1. For a young person who lives in Milton Keynes and aged between 5-18 or older if attending a special school.
2. Fully completed
3. Completed by someone who is contactable and happy to pass on information to young people.
Completed forms can be returned to Roz Mascarenhas via scanned or emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org
If you have any questions please email or text Roz
Youth Participation Worker
Milton Keynes Council – Youth:MK