Children's Health and Wellbeing
MK ChatHealth Advice line
This is for Bedford Borough, Central Bedfordshire and Milton Keynes Councils, it focuses on prevention, early intervention and access to services.
Public Health Services in Milton Keynes:
- Breastfeeding across Milton Keynes is supported by Public Health to increase the initiation and prevalence of breastfeeding. BF Alliance Milton Keynes is a local group their mission statement is to promote, protect, support and normalise breastfeeding in Milton Keynes so that families can achieve their breastfeeding aims.
- Oral Health improvement - Oral health is important for general health and wellbeing. Poor oral health can affect someone’s ability to eat, speak, smile and socialise normally, for example, due to pain or social embarrassment. Please find further information on how to take care of your teeth and gums on the NHS website.
- MoreLife is a healthy weight management service for Milton Keynes which offers child and family weight management services. Information about eating well, healthy weight and exercise can be found on our Healthy Weight page.
- 0-19 Health Visiting and School Nursing Service – The service delivers a combined health visiting and school nursing service for 0-19 year olds in Milton Keynes.
Kooth is an online counselling and emotional well-being service for children and young people aged 11-19 living in Bedfordshire, Luton and Milton Keynes which has been commissioned by the local NHS and Local Authorities.
Kooth.com is a website children and young people can use to:
- get advice, support and guidance for any problem, no matter how big or small.
- chat online to professional counsellors,
- read articles written by young people
- join forums covering topics ranging from exam stress and anxiety to eating disorders and grief to receive peer-to-peer support, access self-help materials and keep a daily journal.
If a child or young person needs a bit of extra support, are worrying about their future or experiencing difficulties at school or at home they can connect to this new anonymous and free service which is available every day via their laptop, tablet or smartphone.
Information for professionals:
Healthy Young People's Network provides information and support for statutory, non-statutory, independent and voluntary sector organisations that support young people’s Health and Wellbeing in Milton Keynes.
Last Updated: 21 October 2020