Get on Board 2012
With £2.23m of investment there has never been a better time to be a bus user in Milton Keynes, or to give it a go.
Get on Board was a promotional initiative to encourage people living and working in Milton Keynes to use the bus more. It is funded by the Department for Transport's Better Bus Area (BBA) fund.
Get on Board is aiming to further increase the number of bus users across Milton Keynes by providing tailored information to residents and employees, improving the infrastructure for both bus users and bus services, and making buses easy and convenient to use.
Milton Keynes’ BBA project comprises six different, but linked, elements:
1. Real Time Passenger Information (RTPI) - developing and expanding the real time passenger information system
2. Smart ticketing - developing smartcard ticketing in the area
3. Bus service enhancements - improvements to Arriva bus services in the area
4. Personal travel advice - provision of tailored information to residents and employees about relevant bus services
5. Interchange improvement - improved waiting facilities and travel information at locations with frequent bus services
6. Wayfinding/Access for all - provision of roadside information boards in residential areas, including pedestrian routes to bus stops
More campaigns to encourage sustainable travel and bus travel will take place over the coming years under the get on board scheme.
Last Updated: 30 November 2017