Real Time Passenger Information
The Milton Keynes Real Time bus information system is provided by Milton Keynes Council and Nimbus Journey Information, working with Arriva The Shires and other operators.
This system uses mobile phone technology to enable buses operated by Arriva, Vale Travel and Z & S Transport to communicate with Nimbus Journey Solutions, with data being sent to 100 on-street displays at key stops on routes across Milton Keynes, as well as the larger format displays in the Centre:MK and INTU Milton Keynes shopping centres. The displays also show scheduled (non real time) information for all other services within Milton Keynes, inlcuding those run by Stagecoach, Redline, Red Rose and Uno Buses.
Real time bus information is now available on the web and by mobile phone:
- using the NIMBUS journey information website
- through the Traveline Journey Planner website
- on your mobile using the free Get on Board app, which is now available from Google Play and itunes
- on your mobile through Traveline (text traveline to 84268 for a bookmark, or go straight to nextbuses.mobi).
- via a text message service - send the code for the stop to 84268 (each enquiry costs 25p plus one standard message, and stop codes are available through the Traveline website, and on our roadside timetable displays)
The roadside displays also include audio announcements activated by the RNIB key fob, and Arriva buses also now have on-bus audio-visual displays to give "next stop" information.
To report faulty Real Time Passenger Information displays, please email us with the location, or telephone us on 01908 252570.
Last Updated: 30 November 2017