The Parks Trust 'Easy Riders'
The Easy Riders programme is promoted by The Parks Trust in partnership with local cycling organisations with rides taking place between Spring and Autumn each year. The rides allow cyclists of all ages and abilities to enjoy the city's parks and visit local attractions at a gentle pace while building up fitness for longer rides.
The Cycling UK Milton Keynes branch was originally founded in 1977 as the Milton Keynes Cyclists' Touring Club (CTC, now Cycling UK); the group are a friendly mixed bunch covering a wide age range and offering a host of different weekly rides to suit all abilities.
An experienced ride leader from the club plans each Easy Rider route and leads at a steady pace, no rider is left behind and there are plenty of stops en route.
Advice for joining a ride
- Rides last for a few hours and can cover from 12 to 30 miles using a mixture of Redways, shared use routes, Leisure Routes and quiet roads.
- Surfaces can be mixed so robust tyres are advisable.
- Children are welcome, but under 14’s must be accompanied by a responsible adult.
- Please ensure that your bicycle is in good working order. Carry a puncture repair kit or spare inner tube, a lock, money, food and a drink. A cycle helmet and waterproofs are advisable. Lights may be necessary on evening rides.
- Easy Rider events are not a race or trial of speed and participants are expected to follow the rules of the road and show consideration to other road/path users.
- The route is not waymarked or marshalled and riders are responsible for their own safety and conduct.
A full list of Easy Rider dates and venues is available on the Cycling UK Milton Keynes website. To find out more about joining a ride or for further details please contact the group directly via their contacts page.
Last Updated: 12 January 2020