Newport Road / Ambergate Footpath Construction - Broughton
Since the work began, we have become aware of a number vehicles ignoring the partial road closure and driving the wrong way down Ambergate.
Due to the high risk of an accident / injury occurring and to ensure the safety of members of the public and our workforce, it has become necessary to act quickly and close Ambergate to traffic in both directions and put an emergency temporary diversion in place until 15th February 2019.
We are working very closely with our Highways Contractor to complete the works as soon as possible and re-open Ambergate to traffic.
The Councils main Highway Contractor, Ringway, will be carrying out footpath and road safety improvements works on Ambergate and Newport Road in Broughton, starting 14th January 2019. The work is expected to start on 14th january 2019, at the earliest, and should be completed within 5 weeks, weather permitting. If there are any amendments to the period of the works, these will be signposted locally.
All the work will be carried out during the day but the traffic management will remain in place throughout the works, until completion. The traffic management will involve traffic lights on Newport Road and egress from London Road to Newport Road at Ambergate will be closed during the works. Some local diversions will be required at times but these will be clearly signposted.
- Ambergate closed westbound between London Road and Newport Road
- Newport Road / Ambergate; Lane restriction under traffic light control
- Ambergate one way in from Newport Road
- Ambergate closed at London Road; diversion via. London Road, Milton Road, Watercress Road, Poppy Avenue back onto Newport Road
Scope of Works
- Construction of new footpath on north side Ambergate
- Minor Works on south of Ambergate / London Road
- Construction of new pedestrian islands in Newport Road
- Carriageway remarking
Works Monday — Friday 08:00 — 17:00 & Saturday 08:00 — 13:00
More information about the sceme is available in the following document Newport Road Ambergate footpath improvements (PDF, 739KB)
Last Updated: 24 January 2019