Planning a street party?

You must contact us at least 2 weeks before your event to arrange for the road to be closed for safety.

Before contacting us to apply for a road closure please take a few minutes to read through the guidance notes. 


We do not charge for the legal process to close a road for a street party, but you will need to find some road signs to tell drivers that the road is closed.

Clearing up

You will need to clear up any waste following your event. Remember to leave some time before your road closure notice finishes to allow for this. 

More information is on our Waste and Recycling pages


If you are having music please be considerate to your neighbours and do not play music too loudly especially in the evening. Remember that some residents may have young children or they were not able or may choose not to attend the party.

Risk assessments

You do not need a formal risk assessment but you may want to carry out your own risk assessment to think about how you can reduce risks to people, equipment or the road, i.e. have a back up for bad weather or if it is forecast to be very hot remember to have plenty of water available and shade. 


Any bunting must be erected above the minimum height to allow emergency vehicles and bin lorries through without causing obstruction. Do not attach anything to the street light columns, road signs or barriers. 

Get in touch

If you have any questions or want to apply for a temporary road closure call 01908 254604 to speak to our Highways team. Or you can email them at


Last Updated: 23 June 2021