Our Service Statements
Service Statement: Traffic Signals
- carry out routine inspection surveys and maintenance of our traffic signals and controlled crossings
- carry out both reactive and planned maintenance at these signals
- respond to reports of minor issues with signals, normally within 24 hours
- at complex junctions the traffic signals are programmed to automatically adjust flows according to traffic conditions, these systems are also checked and monitored.
- provide a 24-hour response service and will normally attend to emergencies within 2 hours.
- make safe any damaged traffic lights e.g. from a ‘Road Traffic Collision’ (RTC) or vandalism as an emergency action We will then work to re-build the traffic signals to return them back to fully working order as soon as we can. The repair may take time if there is extensive damage due to the bespoke nature of the materials.
As with any failure of traffic signals, until the traffic signals are restored to their full working order, the junction will have additional signs and cones so that the junction can operate as safely as possible with approaching traffic giving way to the right.
Extra care should be taken when approaching the junction as the 'white line' road markings are designed to work in conjunction with the traffic signals.
During this period, the signal heads will be covered and additional signage will be in place.
Service Statement - Controlled Crossings
- carry out routine inspection surveys and maintenance of our controlled crossings (zebra, pelican, wig-wags)
- carry out both reactive and planned maintenance at these signals as necessary following these surveys
- respond to reports of minor issues with crossings, normally within 24 hours
- will provide a 24-hour response service and will normally attend to emergencies within 2 hours.
- we will make safe any damage to a controlled crossing and work to return the crossing back to normal use as soon as is possible. It is also worth noting that some damage requires specialist repairs or materials which may take longer to resolve.
National Highways & Transport Survey
The National Highways & Transport Network (NHT) is the leading performance improvement organisation for Highway Authorities that share a common interest in measuring and comparing their performance in order to improve.
Click on the link to read the latest survey data 'Me vs Everyone' (PDF, 982KB)
Last Updated: 25 June 2020