Street parties in Milton Keynes

If you want to organise a street party you need to arrange for your road to be closed and you need to let us know in plenty of time.

For further information please ring 01908 254604

or contact 

Frequently Asked Questions

Is there a charge for holding a street party?

We do not charge for the legal process to close a road for a street party, but you will need to find some road signs to tell drivers that the road is closed.

Do we need to clean up after the party?

Yes, you will need to clean up after your street party. Allow time before your road closure finishes to clean up your street. Information on recycling

Can we play music at a street party?

If you are having music please be considerate to your neighbours and please do not play music too loudly. Remember that some residents may not be able or may choose not to attend the party.

Do we need a risk assessment?

You do not need a formal risk assessment but you may want to carry out your own risk assessment to think about how you can reduce risks to people, equipment or the road, i.e. What would you do if there was bad weather?

Are there any restrictions on decorations?

Yes, any bunting must be erected above the minimum height to allow emergency vehicles and waste/recycling lorries through without causing obstruction.


Last Updated: 30 November 2017