Highways Register of Roadworks and Events in MK and Highway Schemes/Projects
The Highways Register
This new interactive service allows you to search for any planned works by area, road name, ward or parish, road type or reason.
You can also see the current closures and those scheduled for the next two weeks.
This tool will help you check what is planned for a particular route or area so you can avoid any issues that may affect your journey.
The information is updated every week.
Some works may be subject to changes due to unforeseen circumstances such as a road traffic collision or incident, weather conditions or operational reasons.
Check the Highways Register now by clicking on one of the following links:
View as an Excel spreadsheet format:
View as a PDF:
Alternatively you can view the information shown in the Highways Register through a Google map based system on www.roadworks.org
This is in an interactive map format and you can zoom over the areas of Milton Keynes to find out information. You can also search using a date range. For help and guidance check out our Roadworks.Org User Guide (PDF, 529KB)
Milton Keynes Council is not responsible for the maintenance of the A5 or the M1.
For information or contact details about these roads visit The Highways England website
Highways Schemes for 2018-2019
Click on the links below to find out what schemes and projects the individual Highways sections are planning to carry out in 2018-2019.
Apply for a road closure
If you need to close a road e.g. for an event you will need to complete the appropriate Temporary Traffic Order form (below). You must send this to us at least 12 weeks before the date you need to close the road.
|Type Of Application||Please read the guidance information to ensure you select the correct application|
|Section 14(1) Application Form (PDF, 462KB)||For the purpose of closing part of the highway in order to carry out streetworks activities/ for public safety. More information and help with completing the form is available here in the Section 14(1) guidance document (PDF, 363KB)|
|Section 16A Application Form (PDF, 352KB)||For the purpose of closing part of the to enable major events/sporting events. Please email the Traffic regulation order (TRO) Team for guidance|
|Section 21 Application Form (PDF, 362KB)||For the purpose of closing the highway to enable parades/carnivals/street parties/community events. More information and help with completing the form is available here in the Section 21 guidance document (PDF, 271KB)|
- Pay a fee if you are carring out any work on the road (this fee pays for the advert in the local newspaper a statutory requirment) The charge that is made for temporary closures or traffic restrictions is £2,500. If a further notice is required this will be an additional £350. The fee is charged to recompense the Council for its costs in preparing and advertising the temporary traffic Order. Where a particular Order is complex in nature and would result in substantial additional costs, the Council reserves the right to seek an additional contribution, but in this event the applicant would be advised within ten days of the application being received.
- The fee is waived for social events such as carnival parades and street parties organised by non-profit making organisations.
If your application is refused it may be due to one of the following reasons:
- The speed limit is greater than 30mph.
- The road space has been reserved for works to be carried out on the highway.
- The application form was received too late.
- The physical measures that the applicant intends to use in order to close the road are not adequate and/or safe.
For more information, please contact our Traffic regulation order (TRO) Team for support they will be able to answer questions and provide information to help you with your application.
Last Updated: 19 February 2019