Current traffic incidents and roadworks
Find out what road works are taking place on grid roads and estate roads.View the latest and planned roadworks on Roadworks.org This is an interactive Map and you will need to use your mouse to zoom in on Milton Keynes.
Milton Keynes Council is not responsible for the maintenance of the A5 or the M1 although they do run through the borough for this information please visit
Other Road closure reports
Current planned closures where the council have issued traffic regulation orders can be found on our highways public notices page
These will include;
- social events
- carnival parades
- Street parties find out how to arrange a closure for a street party
- third party closures for utilities or maintenance
Planning to close a road
you will need to;
- Complete a Temporary Traffic Order if you are planning to close a road and send it to us a minimum of twelve weeks in advance .
- Contact our Traffic regulation order (TRO) team for support they will be able to answer any question and provide information to support your application
- Pay a fee if you are carring out any work on the road (this fee pays for the advert in the local newspaper a statutory requirment) The charge that is made for temporary closures or traffic restrictions is £2,500. If a further notice is required this will be an additional £350. The fee is charged to recompense the Council for its costs in preparing and advertising the temporary traffic Order. Where a particular Order is complex in nature and would result in substantial additional costs, the Council reserves the right to seek an additional contribution, but in this event the applicant would be advised within ten days of the application being received.
- The fee is waived for social events such as carnival parades and street parties organised by non-profit making organisations.
List of reasons why your application may be refused
- The speed limit is greater than 30mph.
- The road space has been reserved for works to be carried out on the highway.
- The application form was received out of time.
- The physical measures that the applicant intends to use in order to close the road are not adequate and/or safe.
Last Updated: 17 January 2018