Find out about the latest planned roadworks, traffic incidents and roads closed for street parties and events.
Current traffic incidents and roadworks
To view the latest and planned roadworks for your area please go to the Roadworks.org interactive map You will need to use your mouse to zoom in on Milton Keynes
Other Road closure reports
- social events
- carnival parades
- street parties
- third party closures for utilities or maintenance
Current planned closures can be found on our highways public notices page
Planning to close a road
you will need to;
- Complete a Temporary Traffic Order if you are planning to close a road and send it to us a minimum of twelve weeks in advance .
- Pay a fee if you are carring out any work on the road (this fee pays for the advert in the local newspaper a statutory requirment)
- The fee is waived for social events such as carnival parades and street parties organised by non-profit making organisations.
List of reasons why your application may be refused
- The speed limit is greater than 30mph.
- The road space has been reserved for works to be carried out on the highway.
- The application form was received out of time.
- The physical measures that the applicant intends to use in order to close the road are not adequate and/or safe.
Last Updated: 16 November 2017