Property name changes - Notifying the Land Registry

It is the responsibility of the applicant to inform the Land Registry of any property name change. The Land Registry is the government department responsible for providing a state guarantee of ownership by registering land and property in England and Wales.

Milton Keynes Council does send the Land Registry notification of address changes to update their records in the property register. However, Local Authorities are not permitted to send details of ownership to the Land Registry, this has to be completed by the owner of the property.

Please see the Land Registry website for details

Last Updated: 17 February 2020