Street name plates

The developer is responsible for putting the street name plates in on a new estate as they are the landowner. After the new area is complete, the developer may work with the Highways adoptions team to transfer responsibility over to the council. 

When the new roads and footways have been adopted by the council they become our responsibility to maintain them if they become damaged or faded.

Report a damaged street name plate

First, check that it has been adopted by us. You can do this on the My Milton Keynes mapping page using your postcode. If it is adopted highways (in blue) then you can report the damage using the Report It section on the website or call 01908 252353. You can also email 

Last Updated: 17 September 2020