Fixing The Links
Road Closures from Tuesday 21 March 2017
Essential work will take place to resin coat all the pedestrian crossing points around the Brunel roundabout from 21 March 2017.
Road closures will be in place during this time in order to facilitate the works which will take place during the day.
The work is expected to take 8 days to complete. Diversions and clear signage will be in place to direct traffic and bus operators have been informed of these works.
Details of Road Closures & Alternative Routes
|Section||Type of Traffic Mgmt||Dates||Traffic Mgmt Drawing||Alternative Route Drawings||Comments|
|Saxon St South Bound||One Lane Closed V7 Saxon Street Southbound- 24 Hours||21/03/17||1. FTL 2017, SAXON STREET L1 SB||FTL 2017, ALT ROUTE||Bus station closed|
|Locke Road||Road Closed - 24 Hours||22/03/17||2. FTL 2017, SAXON STREET L2 SB||FTL 2017, ALT ROUTE||Bus Station Closed - Deliveries to Brunel Centre reverse up Locke Road via banksman|
|Buckingham Road westbound towards Sherwood Drive||Road Closed (both lanes) 24 hours||23/03/17||3. FTL 2017, BUCK'HAM ROAD WB||FTL 2017, ALT ROUTE||Diversion route in place - bus station open for some services|
|Buckingham Rd Eastbound||Dual Lane Closure - 24 Hours||24/03/17||FTL 2017, ALT ROUTE||Diversion route in place - bus station open for some services|
|All roads open||No road closures over weekend||25/03/2017-26/03/2017||Bus station open|
|V7 Saxon St Northbound||Lane Closure - 24 Hours||27/03/17||5. FTL 2017, SAXON STREET L1 NB & 6. FTL 2017, SAXON STREET L2 NB||FTL 2017, ALT ROUTE||Diversion route in place|
|Duncombe Street (full length)||Full Closure 2 x daytime closure and 1 x 24hour closure(last day)||27/03/17 - 29/03/17||7. DUNCOMBE STREET Full closure||FTL 2017, DUNCOMBE ST||Locke Road will be used for Delivery entrance for Brunel Centre and Sainsbury|
Fixing the Links project - backgound
- New alternative route implemented to keep your network moving
- Removing a section of the Locke Road retaining wall to ‘open up’ pedestrian access to the town centre
- Removing underpass infrastructure that is no longer in use
- Reducing the size of Brunel Roundabout
- Improving the safety of pedestrian/cyclist crossing points
- Installation of a Redway link along Buckingham Road/V7
- Installing new LED lighting [e.g. under Brunel Bridge]
- Improving highway/walkway drainage
- Improving signage and wayfinding
- Better links between the train station and the town centre will bring economic beneﬁts, especially when the East West Rail link between Bicester and Bletchley opens.
- This is one of a number of projects that the Council is undertaking to regenerate Bletchley.
- The Council made improvements to the bus station in 2014. Moreover, Queensway has also been opened up to through traffic again.
Last Updated: 20 March 2017