Unable to Pay your Rent, Help with Deposits and Rent in Advance (HPF Loans/DHP)

If you are homeless or at risk of becoming homeless, please use our Housing Concerns Form to find out what help and support we can provide. Unfortunately, we can’t provide accommodation to everyone. How much help you can get will depend on your circumstances: you may get housing or personal advice from us to help you find or keep your home. If we can’t provide you with housing, we will always offer advice and guidance on what you can do.

Housing Concerns Form

If you are a Council Tenant struggling with your rent please see Paying your Council rent and Council rent arrears.

If you are renting in the Private Sector the Housing Solutions Service will always try to assist with preventing your homelessness in the first instance.  We can usually assist with maximising your income, helping you get the right benefit entitlement, help with completing an online application for Housing Benefit or Universal Credit, supporting you with your income and outgoings and in exceptional circumstances assisting with paying off your arrears.

If we cannot help you stay at the property, we can assist with finding an alternative property in the private sector and offer most households a Homelessness Prevention Fund Loan. This loan will help secure the property as deposit and rent in advance.  The service cannot be used as guarantors, but it does have very good relationships with landlords.

Please telephone or email us if you find yourself in this situation so we can work to prevent you from becoming homeless.

You can also speak to:

  • our Housing Benefit Team regarding Discretionary Housing Payment to top up your rent payments on a temoprary basis.
  • Milton Keynes CAB who support and help residents to address debt worries and are available for a confidential discussion. You can find more information about their service on Homelessness Prevention.


Last Updated: 21 July 2021