Milton Keynes Housing Service offers a range of dates for Direct Debits, these are:
- Weekly (on a Monday)
- 4 weekly
- Monthly - Any day from 1st to 28th of the month.
If you wish to pay by Direct Debit you will need a bank/building society account.
If you set up a Direct Debit with us there is a Direct Debit Guarantee, which says:
- This Guarantee is offered by all Banks and Building Societies that accept instructions to pay Direct Debits.
- If there are any changes to the amount, date or frequency of your Direct Debit Milton Keynes Council will notify you 10 working days in advance of your account being debited or as otherwise agreed. If you request Milton Keynes Council to collect a payment, confirmation of the amount and date will be given to you at the time of the request.
- If an error is made in the payment of your Direct Debit, by Milton Keynes Council or your Bank or Building Society, you are entitled to a full and immediate refund of the amount paid from your bank or building society. If you receive a refund you are not entitled to, you must pay it back when Milton Keynes Council asks you to.
- You can cancel a Direct Debit at any time by simply contacting your Bank or Building Society. Written confirmation may be required.
If you would like to set up a Direct Debit you can call us on 01908 252937 (option1), you will need your account number and sort code.
Last Updated: 29 November 2018