Property Alteration by Tenant

If you would like to make an alteration to your home, you must obtain permission from the Council BEFORE you go ahead with the work. Permission will be given, provided the request is reasonable but it may be subject to certain conditions. We will only refuse permission if the work would cause us expense, make it difficult to let the property in the future or give rise to complaints from other residents.

To apply for permission to carry out your own alterations, please complete our Tenants alterations online form giving full details of what you propose to do.

Last Updated: 8 August 2019