Supply and Acquisitions Service
The Supply and Acquisitions Service sources affordable homes for residents who are in need. We aim to raise the standards in the private rental sector by educating landlords and supporting our residents to access the right type of accommodation. Our team is fully trained in sourcing and giving advice on private sector properties as it is important that landlords assets are protected,
The Service works in partnership with the Private Sector Housing Team to provide information, advice and services including:
- Keeping your property in safe and good repair: The checks you need to undertake before and whilst renting your property
- Health and safety: Standards which must be met whilst letting out your property
- Houses in Multiple Occupation (HMO) and HMO Licensing
- Right to Rent: Checks that must be made
- Tenancy Deposits and Tenants Fees: Protecting a tenant’s deposit and what they can be charged for
- Rent Problems - If a tenant hasn’t paid their rent: Information and advice on what help is available
- Eviction : If a landlord is considering giving notice / or has already given notice to a tenant
Landlord Cash Incentive Scheme and how to register with us
The Landlord Cash Incentive Scheme provides a financial incentive to Private Sector Landlords, the incentive is determined by the size of the property, and it is paid directly to landlords. We invite all landlords with properties in Milton Keynes or in other locations to join the scheme and offer prospective tenants an assured shorthold tenancy for 6,12, 24 months or longer.
There are several additional benefits afforded by the landlords’ cash incentive scheme:
- It is an important solution to help the Council prevent homelessness for those households who approach for assistance.
- It provides better outcomes for residents through offering affordable housing solutions.
- It provides better outcomes for the Council through reducing reliance on more expensive temporary accommodation.
- Prospective tenants supported through this scheme are given the opportunity to resettle and reduce dependency on the Council.