Tenant's Home Contents Insurance

Do you need home contents insurance?

The Council insures its own properties, so in the case of a fire that destroyed a property, the Council would claim on its insurance for the cost of repairing the property.

However, the Council does not insure any of the contents that belong to the tenant. We strongly urge that every tenant should have their own independant contents insurance.

Contents insurance is available from a variety of insurance companies and Milton Keynes Council does have a scheme for tenant's contents insurance. See external links.

Last Updated: 17 July 2019