What’s changing during the COVID-19 pandemic
- Scheduled appointments such as tenancy audits, non-urgent housing management visits, financial welfare visits and inspections are suspended. We’ll let you know when we’re taking bookings for non-emergency appointments again, so that you can re-book any cancelled appointments.
- We’ll continue to sign up tenants to properties (by email or telephone only).
- Wherever possible, please contact us via email@example.com or by webchat to keep our phone lines free to deal with emergencies and for our most vulnerable residents.
- Please keep paying your rent by standing order/direct debit.
Repairs and Maintenance
- With Mears, we’ll be focusing solely on emergency repair requests. If you need to report an emergency repair, call us as usual on 033 0678 0277.
- We will ask if you are self-isolating for any reason and if this is the case your emergency repair will still be carried out, but with extra precautions in line with official measures. We appreciate your cooperation with this.
- If you have a non-urgent repair request please either: delay contacting us until normal repair services are resumed or report the repair now but know it won’t be booked until full services resume.
- The annual Landlord Gas Safety Checks are an essential activity to keep you safe in your home. These will continue. Please allow access as requested in the communications you will receive from Mears. The gas engineer will keep a safe distance and may wear additional protective clothing.
- All planned kitchen and bathroom replacements have been suspended.
Prioritising the vulnerable and our older tenants
- We may already be aware of your vulnerability or age group, however please do let us know if you believe you are in this category so we can provide the right support.
Cleaning & Caretaker Services
- In line with Government guidance following the outbreak of COVID 19, we are unfortunately unable to deliver our regular cleaning and caretaking service within all of our communal blocks. If you identify any urgent health and safety issues, please contact us via e mail on firstname.lastname@example.org.Thank you for your understanding during these challenging times and please be reassured that our normal service will be resumed as soon as we are able to.
Last Updated: 20 April 2020