Jobs and Careers
There can be no greater advertisement for Milton Keynes than the thousands of businesses that have developed here and those that have chosen to locate here over the years. This is reflected by the fact we are the number one City for job creation in the UK.
In addition to this over the next few years Milton Keynes will become the largest city in the south of England after London as it expands by 28,000 homes. On average stats have shown that people living in Milton Keynes can save up to £12,000 per year. Yet only 33 minutes away from London and situated right next to the M1.
We at Milton Keynes Council take great pride in our city and we are always looking for people that can help us grow and share our vision. Aside from our exciting career opportunities we also place a strong emphasis on the innovative package benefits we provide, learn more about MK Advantage, and a healthy work life balance that we feel sets us apart from the rest!
Please take a look at our Career pages and current vacancies.
- Current Job Vacancies in Milton Keynes Council
- Children's Social Worker Vacancies
- Adult Social Worker Vacancies in Milton Keynes
- Fostering Opportunities in Milton Keynes - Have you ever considered Fostering as a career or a life style?
- Jobs in Schools and Settings
Please take a look at our Facebook Jobs and Careers page and give us a like!
Click to view our Competency levels (PDF, 314KB)
Why work for us?
Use your skills to benefit the local community and experience a rewarding, interesting environment and attractive employment package such as:
- Local Government Pension Scheme, considered to be one of the best and with an employer contribution rate of 18.5%
- A generous minimum holiday entitlement of 27 days per year in addition to statutory and public holidays, rising to 31 days after 5 years.
- A full range of family friendly policies including enhanced Maternity, Adoption and Paternity entitlements.
- Career progression and relevant training and development opportunities including our excellent in house management development programmes
- Flexibility –with full time, part time and term time working options
- Fair pay and a commitment to a minimum Living Wage
- MK Advantage benefits package – a range of savings including retail, travel and leisure discounts as well as a suite of salary sacrifice benefits.
- Find out more about Working for Milton Keynes Council
- Find out more about Milton Keynes
An apprenticeship gives you the chance to gain hands-on experience of the working world and can be invaluable to entering into your chosen career as well as a great way to learn whilst you earn.